Subject: Re: need OSM (orderly scene mover) equivalent...
From: Andrew Hofman <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 1995 12:23:06 -0500

>
>In any case, I have a scene with 79 objects in different directories,
>and I need something to pull them out of their respective directories and
>put them in one, and change the paths in the layout file.   I dread having
>to "save object" on every one myself.   Also, I'm looking for something
>that can prompt me for a new name for every file...
>
>I'm probably dreaming...
>
>--Mike
>
>      

I can't help you with moving all the files, but I change load directories in
Scene files all the time with no problem. I simply load the Scene in
question into a text editor and use global Replace to take out the old path
and stick in a new one. The only problem then is objects that need image
maps. Those still have to be targeted manually from within LW, but then I
use "Save All Objects" once that's done. Since I already modified the scene
file to load objects from a different place, that's where Save All with save
tham back to. Still a little bit of work, but at least part of the battle is
over without much of a fight.

   ************************************************
   * Andy Hofman       |    LumaQuest Productions *            
   * [email-masked]  |             3D Animation *
   * 513-643-7333      |  Dual Raptor 3 Rendering *
   ************************************************